How do I deliver acquired licenses after successful shop transaction to my customers?
NetLicensing uses a customer-centric license management approach. In comparison to the license-centric (legacy) systems, all customer’s licenses are kept in one place, so you don’t need to deliver license files separately. Instead, using the same unique licensee number you can retrieve all product features the customer is entitled for.
Regardless of whether you are using NetLicensing Shop or external e-Commerce system, you need to provide either an existing
licenseeNumber or create a new one.
Note: In this example, we use the following Licensee Number:
licenseeNumber (in case of NetLicensing Shop) you can create shop token and forward your customer to the checkout page:
curl -X POST -H 'Accept: application/xml' -H 'Authorization: Basic YXBpS2V5OmZhOGI2NDllLWRhM2EtNGViNS1iM2UxLTc0MmYzNDhmNmJhNg==' -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' -d 'tokenType=SHOP&licenseeNumber=CUST-MM-01' https://go.netlicensing.io/core/v2/rest/token
licenseeNumber will be shown on the order confirmation page and email (in the case customer provided a valid email address).
Further product usage will be restricted based on the validation results for the given customer with the above
curl -X POST -H 'Accept: application/xml' -H 'Authorization: Basic YXBpS2V5OmZhOGI2NDllLWRhM2EtNGViNS1iM2UxLTc0MmYzNDhmNmJhNg==' -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' https://go.netlicensing.io/core/v2/rest/licensee/CUST-MM-01/validate
- You can use Licensee Number generated by NetLicensing (during the Customer creation)
- … or choose your own unique Licensee Number to fulfil your business flow requirements
- Your products should either generate Licensee Number using environment attributes
- e.g. Customer Number or EMail, System UUID, etc.
- … or provide the ability to enter this number as a part of individual product configuration